Country Roads of Ireland - End Dublin, Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Country Roads Of Ireland – End Dublin, Small Group, Winter 2021 2022
Experience the wild, enchanting coastal routes as you explore the Emerald Isle. Along the way you’ll encounter ruined castles, quiet lakes, natural wonders and legendary characters.
- Dublin: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Ballygally: The Irish call it ‘craic’ – the warm feeling resulting from the confluence of music, drink, good food, laughter, and conversation. And after circumnavigating the Emerald Isle, there’s bound to be a fair share of craic at your grand finale Celebration Dinner. Sláinte!
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Killarney: Choose between a memorable ride on a horse-drawn jaunting car with the local jarveys or alternatively, join a gentle hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the grounds of Ross Castle, admiring the incredible scenery of the National Park.
- Dublin: Tour Trinity College Dublin with a university insider, before at the ancient Book of Kells, created marvelling by monks and dating from 800 A.D.
- Kilkenny: Meet James, a former player, for a fun session to discover the skills involved in hurling. Learn about this 3000-year-old discipline, a proud legacy of Ireland’s heritage, and have a go for yourself on the pitch.
- Londonderry: There’s no better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Northern Ireland’s best storytellers, Ronan, as he takes you on a tour inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
Make Travel Matter
- Killarney: Meet passionate restaurant owners John and Freda at their beautiful farmhouse in Killarney, where you’ll hear more about their Farm-to-Table concept, while enjoying a delicious meal made from fresh ingredients sourced within a five mile radius.
Top Rated Highlights
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see Custom House and travel along the River Liffey. See the Guinness Brewery, Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Cahir: See one of the largest castles in Ireland.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts!
- Belfast: Meet Hilda, a true Belfast local, having lived in the same house her entire life. During your panoramic tour, hear the history of the city and learn why Hilda is proud of its progress and current prosperity. You’ll also see the City Hall, Queen’s University, Parliament Building at Stormont and murals in different locations indicating political sentiments of local residents.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you journey the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Dingle Peninsula: Enjoy a scenic drive to Slea Head.
- Adare: Experience a village walk through the main street lined with thatched cottages.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Drumcliffe: Visit the final resting place of Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
- Giants Causeway: The towering hexagonal basalt columns are a geographical wonder to behold.
- Ballygally: Explore this seaside town with your Travel Director.
- Carrickfergus: See the immense Castle as your drive around it.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Dublin
In Dublin’s Fair City
A Journey from Dublin to Cork
Across the Mountains to Killarney
Ring of Kerry Experience
Around the Dingle Peninsula
The Cliffs of Moher and Galway
Free day Galway or Kylemore Abbey
Walk in the Giant’s Steps on the way to Ballygally
The Antrim Coast to Belfast